Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ode about Mountain Dew

I see you here
I see you there
I see you everywhere

In a kids hand
In the vending machine
In my fridge

You sweet beverage you
Oh how I love you
Mountain Dew

I sometimes see you on TV
and wish I could have you
In my hand so I can drink

I have loved you for a long time
 and I promise from this day on
That will never change.

They try to imitate you
with Mello Yellow but
It is not the same as you

I see you everywhere
Mountain Dew, and the best part
I have you right now in my hand

1 comment:

  1. Consider the examples you were provided. Notice how those examples hold up the object and try to describe it in as many ways as possible. Notice, too, how those examples tend to work at the objective level and at the figurative language level. Rarely do they talk abstractly. Thus, I would want to be able to see the can, feel its shape and its temperature. I would want you to help me understand the taste, etc.

    ReplyDelete